Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Elijah 's Baptism

On March 26, 2008 Eli was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. All of the family was involved. Grandpa Rich played the piano, Aunt Melissa was the chorister. Ben and I sang a duet called "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" (look for our hot single to be out in mid November!) and Ben baptized Eli. Cousin Nate and Ali gave the prayers and both sets of grandparents bore their testimonies. The spirit was very strong and I hope all who attended could feel that.

Some things to remember about that event: Eli walked out in the middle of our duet (the nerve!) to get a drink of water. Isaac cried the entire length of the baptism. I sang a slight solo after starting in at the wrong time. Eli had a friend from school come with his mom and we were able to give them a Book of Mormon and an Ensign!

A big thank you to all of our families who helped make this day run smoothly! We love you and are grateful for all you do!!

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

How wonderful! I'm starting to get teary just thinking of how much I wish I could have been there! :( Poor me. Congratulations to Eli! I just can't believe how big he is! Mom said that you all had such a wonderful time together!

Life for the Pillings said...

I had to laugh about Eli walking out on your song. What a little stinker! I can't believe how big Eli is getting. He is such a cute kid!

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe he is already 8!! Congratulations Eli on being baptised and already being a missionary. What a wonderful boy you have!!

Liz Miller said...

I was just looking at pictures of Andy and Josh's baptisms. I can't believe how fast time goes by. Congratulations Eli! Keep up the good work!

We love you!

Uncle Tom & Aunt Liz

jamirodana said...

Okay, how old does Eli look? It's been a while. He has big kid teeth like Jonah too. heehee.
I will be purchasing the single when it comes out. Let me know!
Move to Utah now!