Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Ali!


I'm having a hard time getting myself to say that Ali is now seven. I still feel like she is three. Not that she acts like she's three (she actually is very mature and helpful to me) but time has gone by so quickly.

We had a strong feeling that Ali was so excited to come to our family after the birth of Elijah and I believe we were right! She is the best little girl I could ask for. Ali has loved her family from the get go and always wants to be the "mom". She was so excited to have a little brother and even more excited to have a little sister ("so it's even" she explained to me.) She loves to spend time with her family playing the Wii and planning activities for us to do--is she my daughter or what?! She is a great help to me and always asks if she can help me bake. I think it's so she can lick the spoon- she has such a sweet tooth! Haa haa, I just realized that I went into labor with Ali at an ice cream social. She had dropped so quickly that she had bruises on her face after delivery! I guess she'll do anything for sugar!

Ali is very brave and adventurous. She never cried at shots when she was younger and she is quick to try new tricks on her Razor and bike. She loves to climb on the swing set and show me her new moves she copies from the show Ninja Warrior! This girl can also dance like no other!! Ali honestly is one of the best dancers I've seen from a kid her age. She has great rhythm and gets so involved in the song; it is so entertaining. That's what happens when you grow up watching the Wiggles.

Ali is also very artistic. She has an art teacher at school (who is also Grandma and Grandpa Moon's neighbor) that she absolutely adores. Ali comes home from school with bits of fabric and makes clothes for Rocky her Webkin. She also loves to draw and trace Pokemon and other cartoon characters.

Ben and I are very grateful to have such a kind and beautiful daughter. We are proud of who she is and who she will become. We are glad to be together as a family forever. We love you Ali! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Wendie said...

Happy Birthday, Ali-girl! We love you so much!

Mary said...

That was so well written! You described Ali perfectly! Happy Birthday Ali! Love Aunt Mary!!!!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Ali! What a great girl!

Unknown said...

Hi Ben and Kelly,
You have such a great web site and
a beautiful family.
Nice job!
We miss you guys.
Take care,
Dell

DADDY OH - POPSZAROPZEE said...

Happy Birthday Ali. We are very proud of you and so excited to hear about your love for music and dance. Keep up the hard work.

Grandma & Grandpa Miller ;-)

Happy Birthday - please don't fall of the rockwhen hanging upside down!