
Yesterday morning I had the best idea. Well, let me give the backstory. My nephew, Andy, lives in Florida and was coming to Utah to go to school at the Y. Tom and Liz (his parents, in case you don't know these people) were coming along. We planned on getting together on Monday night. (This is where my idea comes in.)
I thought why wait until Monday? Wouldn't it be nice for them to be officially welcomed to Utah, instead of just getting in a rental car and driving to the hotel? "Yes, it would be nice," I thought to myself. SO.....after church the kids and I (Ben was washing dishes) cut out a piece of cardboard into the shape of Utah and wrote "Andy welcome to Utah." Ali drew a picture of Andy catching a football. We put the sign onto an old suitcase,(to put onto their luggage carousel) and after eating and Grandma and Grandpa Moon's, we went to the airport.
Now, here's the thing. I haven't worn my contacts since we moved to Utah. Call me lazy, but I just don't want to have to keep popping them in and out of my eyes all day long. So, here I am at the airport hiding by the service telephones with Eli and Ali at my side trying to locate someone or someones when I CAN'T SEE! Ben was getting a kick out of seeing me desperately squinting. Finally, Ben said "I'll find them" and find them he did. I was getting exasperated because I couldn't see them so I suggested we all stand close to the carousel, which we did. We stood a few feet from Liz and we watched Tom walk away to get the rental car. Liz looked around and she gives us this double take and we all started laughing! Surprise!! We asked if she had seen the sign and they said they did but Andy didn't want to take it because he didn't think it was for him. (As a sidenote, Eli and Ali both suggested that we write Andy's last name on the poster so he would know if was for him, but Ben and I said we shouldn't for security isssues. Now,who was thinking?!)
Andy came over and we got the poster for him and Liz called Tom back saying she needed help with the suitcases. We grabbed our suitcase and acted like we were on the plane. We stood next to Tom and Liz and Liz said that poster was for Andy and Tom's like "how do you know?" and Liz was like "well they told us it was for him, we got it off their suitcase" and points to us as we continue to look bored. I look over at Tom and he's all "Kelly??!" We burst out laughing and chatted for quite a bit. I love suprising my family. Mi familia: remember the time I acted like the pizza delivery driver and suprised mom and dad? That was great.
So anyhoo, that was our fun family project for the day. The kids had a good time with it. I suggested we put on of the kids in the suitcase while it was on the carousel and Ali was all up for it but then I thought of the long term repercussions (i.e. jail) and I xed that one. It is a way to save on airline tickets though as long as the child isn't carrying 3 oz. of liquid with her. As we were talking with the fam, Ben did put her in the suitcase and swung her around for a while. She enjoyed that.
I meant to end this in the paragraph above but I get sidetracked. I love my family so much! I'm so glad when we get to see each other and have some huge laughs. You are all the best and I love you guys!
Insert Content Here
4 comments:
Such a good idea!!! You are quite the clever child!!! I can totally see you guys doing it too! "Wow you look just like my daughter Kelly!" Mom says to the pizza delivery girl! hahaha Love you!
you're a little stinker still Kelly - great spontaneity and keep it coming -
daddyoh
You are so funny! I love your personality! Sounds like you had a good time.
I remember that story. That was a good one. Great idea....sniff sniff. I wish I could of been down there to play with everyone. Makes me sad...but that is okay. Baby needs to see the dr today. All is well..ultrasound time.
Have fun. Play hard & keep up the good ideas for sure.
Post a Comment