Tuesday, August 19, 2008

These are the days of our lives....

Sorry I ended my last blog so abruptly but I glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost time for our block party at 7:00 and I hadn't made our dessert (apple pie) yet. I ran upstairs telling the kids to hurry and get ready and I'm scrambling to make the pie and dinner and then I look at the clock on the oven and see that it's only 5:00. Haa haa, our computer clock still has Illinois time on it. I just added a video of Isaac enjoying his glow sticks he got from the block party last night. Be sure to turn the volume up so you can hear his heavy breathing and drinking!!




So, where was I? Well, I can't remember so I'll just tell some other things we have done. The kids and I got together with old friends back from the U housing days and we went swimming. The kids had a great time and Dana, Shanti and I were able to catch up and try to work on our tans; unsuccessfully. We've also gone to the Hogle Zoo twice with my sister in laws and their children. Isaac had such a good time going on the Merry Go Round and the train and the kids just had a good time with each other. We watched the 24th of July parade go right down our street and the kids thought it was great that the people in the parade were throwing otter pops and water bottles to keep us cool. Oh yeah! Ben and I are SO EXCITED to be going to a Coldplay concert in November with my sister in law, Rachel and her husband Nels! We cannot wait! We like them so much and their concerts are awesome! I'll be sure to bring my pillow with me so I can cover my stomach (haa haa.) That reminds me, we had a little baby and mama scare a few weeks ago. I kept going numb in my face, neck, hands, and legs. I talked to my doctor and he said that if it happened again I would have to go to the ER because I might have blood clots or be having a stroke. That was pretty scary news. Well, early that next morning I woke up very numb all over so Grandma Moon came to our rescue and watched the kids sleep while Ben and I took a little trip to the ER to be told that nothing was wrong. Kinda annoying but at least the symptoms have gone away and baby is fine and healthy.

Our next adventure was so exciting and hysterical that it is going to take another blog and perhaps another day to write so hold on to your hats!

5 comments:

Perry's said...

I heard you moved back and It is so awesome. I want to see you so bad. I watch 2 kids during the day. I really shoudl call you so they can play. Give me a call and we will come over or you can come here. 801-927-8710. We live like 5 blocks away. if that

Mary said...

Ohhh I love the slideshow!!! They are getting so big!

GM said...

Ben & Kelly,
Thanks so much for the pictures & video....that is priceless! Made me cry, but it's tears of joy, too, because you all look so happy!
Stay safe!
Love,
Mom

DADDY OH - POPSZAROPZEE said...

really really kewl - glad to see some of the older pics from earlier this year - mom really enjoyed them - i hope you are feeling better and that you let us know asap if you will be blessed with a boy or girl - tom andy & liz are heading to byu this sat and may stop in to visit you on monday evening

love dad :-)

Groff Family said...

Sounds like you have had a fun but busy summer! I am glad that you are getting settled in your new place. Our due dates are only a few weeks apart! Do you know what you are having? I can't believe how big all of the kids are getting. Ali was still in diapers last time I saw you.