We found a duplex in Bountiful that was just what we wanted. 4 bedrooms and two bath; although we have to remodel the 2nd bathroom, unless you like using a hole in the floor. It's ten houses away from our ward building and a street away from the elementary school the kids will be going to. We are also two streets away from Grandma and Grandpa Moon---Okay, this may sound weird, but as I'm writing this I'm starting to think of all the things we have been blessed with since we've been here and I'm so humbled and grateful. Sometimes when I'm talking to friends out here and updating them about my family I keep hearing myself saying "it's just what we wanted, or it's just what we needed." Case in point, we needed a dryer and we got one in a day (and it actually works well!), we were looking for a place to live and we have four days to find a home before we had to return the truck. We found a home that day. Actually, our neighbors have something to do with that. After we moved in, four different members came up to me and said we have been praying that some kind family would move into that duplex. Who knew that their prayers would be answered from Arlington Heights, Illinois? Same thing with our couch. Gosh, why have we been so blessed? It confirms to me that we should be here. I'm excited for what is to come.
That weekend we went to a Lindsey reunion (Grandpa Wendell's mothers side) in Heber and it was really interesting to see all these strangers who you know are your family because you look the same! We heard about their history and then we had a nice lunch while the kids played. Cute story while we were there; Ali said to me "Are all those people out there my cousins?" "Yes, Ali they are." "So, I have no cousins in Illinois cause they're all here." It was really funny the way she said it. The next weekend we went to the Moon family reunion (Grandpa Wendell's father side) in Farmington and this was really important to me. I just got done reading this absolutely fabulous book that Grandpa's siblings and cousins put together about their family history starting with Henry Moon. Henry Moon was on the very first boat of Saints that came to America from England and has 8,000+ decendents. It is one of the coolest books I have ever read in my life and to actually see some of these people at the reunion was amazing to me. After the reunion, Ben, Debby, Wendell and I drove to the cemetary to see where Henry Moon and his wives (yes, 3 wives) and some family members were buried. Absolutely amazing to me. I'm so glad we went.
2 comments:
Hurray for Kelly!!! I'm glad to see that you have posted again. I'm waiting to see what you take is on last weekend :0)! I love the comment that Ali made - that's so funny! We are so glad that you guys are back!!!
I did not fall off my chair, but did choke on my cookie I was eating! Glad everyone is having a good time and the Lord is blessing you all. Kiss & hug the kids for us!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment